Were you looking for /tv/? Goodness, I hope not.
|“||You've discovered Television, haven't you? Then by showing an enormous building on your television screen, you can do what seemed impossible!||”|
TV (aka. television, telly, the idiot's lantern) is a magic box that shows pictures and sound. It is a tool of Satan and is most likely powered by voodoo. In 2013 79% of the world's households owned a TV. The other 21% entertain themselves by masturbating.
Television was invented by Professor Farnsworth on November 23rd 1963 for the sole purpose of transmitting Doctor Who, although other TV shows have been created since (though they are all non-canon, as is Doctor Who.) Televisions are sold exclusively by Magpie Electricals, a corporation that uses explosives and soul-stealing alien lifeforms to secure their unbreakable monopoly on the technology.
Back in the old days, TV was all live. As a result, there wasn't much interest in saving old tapes, instead figuring that if an episode needed to air again, they'd just get everyone together to remake it. In fact, actors would sometimes die while shows were broadcasting, and the show would have to either recast the actor between scenes or else be rewritten to adjust for the actor's absence. This in fact happened on Doctor Who during a particularly dull serial called The Tenth Planet, resulting in the first Regeneration.
- Movies are also shown on TV.
- /who/ is known to stream TV.
- In Britannia you need to pay a license fee to watch TV.
- The TARDIS is a TV, according to One.
- It also has a big TV in it, but people hardly ever look at it.
- The technology of television is actually really interesting, as is the ways that technology was reflected by the program, but this is the wrong venue to discuss that.
For Doctor Who spin-off shows, check out the full list here.
- Doctor Who
- Star Trek
- Top Gear
- Monty Python
- Blakes 7
- Police Squad!
- Game of Thrones
- The Grand
- The Line, The Cross and The Curve
- Don't Scare the Hare
- The Thick of It
- Alice in Wonderland
- The Wire
- The Avengers
- Dead Ringers