NuWho haters (Homo sapiens verpa) are a subspecies of human known both for their fear of change, especially that which occurs in sci-fi TV shows, and their diet, which consists almost entirely of pure salt. They are a gregarious animal, often found declaring "the 2005 revival of Doctor Who is an insult to the classic series!" on small Doctor Who forums inhabited by people with similar views, or venting their autistic anger at the equally autistic NuWho scrubs in YouTube comments sections. Sometimes, they may attempt to join a larger, more sane group of fans, but this usually ends in them being sent away for shoehorning their dislike of NuWho into every conversation. When criticized, they often attempt to use the weak excuse that they are the only fucking people who know what the show is supposed to be like.
The pastimes and rituals of haters include burning effigies of David Tennant, complaining online, masturbating to thoughts of "the good old days", and editing this very article to flatter their egos. NuWho haters are also known for Hating The New Doctor and referring to NuWho as NuHu for god knows what reason.
Guide for Showruiners on how to appease NuWho haters
If you are a Showruiner who cares about the opinions of angry old people, it may be a good idea to follow the guidelines below on how to make NuWho haters happy:
- Insert a ridiculous amount of Classic series references into each story. This should be easy, as most NuWho episodes do this already. *DO NOT MAKE THEM PLOT RELEVANT*
- Bring back Tom Baker as the Doctor.
- Return to the classic serial format. Remember, there is no such thing as too many episodes or too many filler scenes!
- Retcon all Doctors from the Ninth Doctor onwards, perhaps aside from Capaldi because he's old, and being old means you're a classic Doctor. Don't bother to retcon the disgustingly non-canon War Doctor, however, as the The Last Great Time War should no longer have happened anyway in your new and improved version of Doctor Who.
- Whilst technically not a part of NuWho, retcon the Eighth Doctor as well just to be on the safe. He's the product of Americans, started the dreaded romance element, and *gasp* wasn't even full Time Lord!
After these changes, casual audiences will hate you (and so will the BBC, most likely) but that won't matter because you will have returned the show to its true, pure form.