Everything Moffat Did Right
More like Everything, Moffat Did Right, amirite?
Despite the ever-growing list of Things He Did (And Continues To Do) Wrong, Step-up Moffat is not without a few successes in his tenure on the televisionary programme Doctor Whose... spaced out over what feels like... the last decade.
Things Done Right
- Popularity: the programme has never been more popular (at least overseas) and the 50th anniversary episode was even shot in 3D and shown in movie theatres ACROSS THE WOOORLD
- Gave us another on-screen appearance of Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor 17 years after having only appeared on-screen in the TV Movie.
- Gave us the Eighth Doctor's regeneration... and an extra regeneration no one asked for, but still.
- The War Doctor, played by John Hurtwee, is based as fuck.
- Matt Smith: remember how everyone hated him until he took over?
- Peter Capaldi: An even better choice than Smith - oh how the fangirls wailed and gnashed their wee teeth in impotent rage! Hahaha!!
- Amy was a great companion. Lick my balls if you think otherwise.
- Rory: he had some great bad-ass moments and played the comedy stolen from Coupling well.
- Every script previous to The Beast Below. At least those.
- The future timey-whimey flash-backing Doctor speaking to a blind Amy in the forest during Flesh and Stone.
- Using the TARDIS as an actual goddamn time machine instead of just a door to the next story like the previous thirty or so seasons (WARNING: may result in timey-wimey).
- Snappy, quippy and (annoyingly) quotable dialogue even when the rest of the episode was bad.
- The Pandorica Opens
- The Impossible Astronaut and The Day of the Moon
- The Bells of St. John and fight me if you think otherwise, bitch.
- Listen is GOAT.
- Clara is based.
- Heaven Sent is the greatest episode of anything ever written.
- asBill and her having a decent love story that was gay and wasn't made fun, fetishized or any of that.
- World Enough and Time / The Doctor Falls
- Not confirming either way if The Doctor is or is not half-human, yet revisiting the idea to trigger fanboy autism.
- Making the Cybermen creepy again.
Elements From Past Doctor Who That The Grand Moff Firkin Has Brought Back and Ruined Forever
- The glorious Nimon = The God Complex
- Paul McGann’s Doctor = Paul McGann’s Doctor (ok still just as
- The Rani = Missy
(no thank you)Also GOAT
- The Gunfighters = A Town Called Mercy
- The Time War = Day Of The Doctor
Future Possibilities For More
I’m waiting to see him work in the “half-human” nonsense from the Fox movie.
CONFIRMED, IT'S HAPPENING IN HELL BENT.